- You must be teaching full time in one of the following areas in a North Carolina public school:
Middle and High School
- Social Studies
- English Language Arts
K-12 Special Subjects
- English as a Second Language
- Fine/Performing Arts
- World Languages
- Physical Education
- Special Education: General Curriculum
- You must have a 2.70 or higher cumulative GPA
- You must have 24 hours or the licensure exam in your subject area
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above, you may APPLY HERE →
When you apply you will need to submit the following:
- Official transcripts
- Licensure exam score report if you have them
- Copy of emergency license (if applicable)
- Writing response
Applications are processed weekly. It may take up to 2 weeks to process your application and hear from us.
In addition to the application, we require a phone interview, and reader response.
Residency License (RL) Form
Residency Licenses require that teacher candidates affiliate with a North Carolina approved Educator Preparation Program (EPP). The Central Carolina Teaching Initiative (CCTI) is your EPP.
We will contact your Human Resource Department and request your Residency Form. You will complete a portion of the form and send it on to CCTI.
The form will then be returned to you and the HR Specialist.
You will be sent access to the orientation module and Course 1A. These self-paced modules will get you started on the CCTI Course 1.
We are excited to welcome you to the CCTI educator preparation program and look forward to getting to know you better and growing and learning together!