Do I qualify to be a residency teacher?
- Holds at minimum a bachelor's degree and must have earned at least a 2.7 on a four-point scale.
- Either completed 24 hours of coursework in the requested licensure area OR passed the NCSBE required content area examination(s)
- Enrolled in an EPP (this would be CCTI if accepted)
- Meets all other requirements established by the State Board, including completing preservice requirements prior to teaching
Am I eligible to participate?
- Social Studies
- English Language Arts
- World Languages
The CCTI program is suited for teachers seeking licensure in K-12 Special Subjects in the following content areas:
- English as a Second Language
- Fine/Performing Arts
- World Languages
- Physical Education
- Special Education: General Curriculum
How long will the program take?
2020-21 Course Calendar
What is the cost?
If you would like to participate in the program indepent from a participating distict, your cost will be $5,000. This fee must be paid in full upon acceptance into the program and is nonrefundable. To take advantage of this option, you must be teaching in a North Carolina school.
Why should I choose CCTI?
- Relevant Coursework: The CC Teaching Initiative program enriches teacher preparation through a clinical practice that is interwoven with coursework. This approach creates opportunities for teachers to connect what they learn through the coursework with the challenge of using it directly in their classroom. Teachers learn by doing as they blend practitioner and academic knowledge.
- Dedicated Coaches: Specific formative instructional coaching tailored to meet the needs of beginning teachers as they transition into the teaching profession. The program includes services that deliver blended coaching support that enhances the skills developed through the program of study.
- Beginning Teacher Network: A peer network is incorporated into the program to provide teachers with opportunities to share promising practices and troubleshoot challenges with peers from your region who understand the unique complexity of the challenges you confront.
Will I have a clear license after completing CCTI?
What districts participate?
- Durham Public Schools
- Johnston County Schools
- Orange County Schools
- Person County Schools
- Wake County Public Schools
- Wilson County Schools
If you do not see your district on this list, you are welcome to apply independent of an LEA.
What are teachers saying?
Participation in CCTI has given me the opportunity to grow as an educator in many ways including always giving me strategies and techniques to immediately implement in my classroom. I always leave our class sessions with more ways to challenge myself!
The Central Carolina Teaching Initiative has provided me with the knowledge to positively influence and guide my students towards achieving academic excellence. The program has also exceeded my expectations and has helped me succeed in my educational career.
I truly appreciate the CCTI program. This program has changed my thought process and challenged me in numerous ways. I can honestly say this program was beneficial to me because I have seen myself grow tremendously in this profession in just a short period of time.
I couldn’t recommend CCTI enough, very organized and the instructors are very knowledgeable of the edTPA requirements, which is what the class is tailored to. This should be the go-to for ALL graduates.
Thank you for everything!
Thank you for everything! This has been the best experience ever and I wish every BT could go through CCTI!
How do I apply?
To view application criteria and get started, click the button below: